Get your Presentation Proposals in TODAY!
The Hybrid Conference Model
We are looking forward to seeing as many of you as possible on November 6 – 8 in Baton Rouge, however, the 2022 LAPCAE Conference will employ a hybrid meeting model to create a dynamic in-person event and also provide access to content for those unable to travel to Baton Rouge. Presenters and attendees will be able to access the core content through the following formats:
- In-person Presentations – Presentations delivered in-person and may be live-streamed or recorded and available online to all attendees for later viewing.
- Virtual Only Presentations – A limited amount of virtual presentations will be available for an online audience.
- Live-Streamed Presentations – Some workshops and select events will be live streamed as well as recorded and available online.
Workshop Format and Proposal Process:
Workshops are 30-minutes or one hour in length. Participants sit in theater or classroom type seating. The presenter(s) tend to use PowerPoint or some type of media presentation. Each workshop room will have a laptop, projector, and screen.
- 30 minute instruction-based sessions where presenters can quickly and easily share a successful lesson plan or classroom project. This type of session should be designed for transfer-ability and immediate-use by audience members.
- 1 hour thematic sessions where presenters can go more in-depth along one of our strands
- Impactful Instruction: Numeracy, Reading, ABE/ASE, and High School Equivalency (HSE)
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Digital Literacy / Distance Learning
- Equity & Social Justice
- Transition: Pathways, Workforce, and IET
- Student Services
If you truly feel that your proposal doesn’t fit any of these categories, please select the most relevant strand to your presentation.
Presenters will be asked to indicate in their proposal whether they intend to present in-person (100% on-site) or virtually (100% online).
Important Dates to Remember:
Deadline for Proposal Submission: Wednesday, August 17, 2022 3:00pm CST
Presenter Notification: Notified of proposal status by August 31, 2022
Conference Dates: Sunday, November 6, 2022 – Tuesday, November 8, 2022
If you have questions about your proposal, please reach out to Falencia Ezendu at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click the BUTTON below to submit a proposal for the 2022 LAPCAE Annual Conference.